Job Position: Theatre Manager
The Theatre Manager will be working in a dynamic and innovative environment to promote Asian cinema. The manager must have excellent leadership and organisational skills to manage the operational running of AFA’s programmes at the Oldham Theatre. If you have a passion for Asian films, are dedicated and resilient, you could be the person we are looking for.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with programmes team to manage, monitor, evaluate the delivery of theatre programmes
- Assist with ingesting and testing of films
- Lead a team of theatre staff (assistants, volunteers etc) to oversee theatre operations, front of house, and the gallery space
- Liaise with projectionists, technical, estate staff, and vendors to ensure the theatre runs smoothly
- Work with engagement team to implement marketing and publicity of theatre programmes
- Execute publicity touch points for the theatre, in and around the building (collaterals, posters, etc)
- Oversee the finance and administration of ticketing and sale of products
- Deliver reports on attendance, sales, and other operational matters
- Handle public enquiries and requests
Due to theatre opening times, you will be expected to work on weekends and in the evenings.
Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, arts management, business management, is particularly helpful. Applicants with diploma qualifications in the creative arts / film studies / arts management will also be considered.
- Preferable to have at least two (2) years working experience in managing spaces or have worked for or in a cinema / theatre or in box office.
- Excellent written and spoken English for dealing with the public. Proficiency in other mother tongue languages and dialects will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, detailed oriented and able to problem solve creatively.
- High energy, self-managing, and self-starter personality, with the ability to also work in a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable and adept with technology, equipment, and IT related matters.
- Preferably able to start work in April 2019.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 March 2019 with the subject header “Theatre Manager Application 2019”.
Please note that this position is open only to Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.