Job Position: Theatre Assistant
The Theatre Assistant will be working in a dynamic and versatile environment to promote Asian cinema. The Theatre Assistant must be energetic and enthusiastic to handle audience and public members coming to the Oldham Theatre. If you are dedicated to bringing people and Asian films together, you could be the person we are looking for.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with the theatre manager and the theatre team to manage theatre operations, front of house, and the gallery space
- Handle sale of tickets and products and compiling sale reports
- Liaise with relevant staff and vendors to ensure the theatre runs smoothly
- Working with programmes team to manage film traffic
- Welcoming visitors, checking of audiences’ tickets, and ushering where required
- Handle public enquiries and requests
Due to theatre opening times, you will be expected to work on weekends and in the evenings.
- Diploma in arts management or relevant field, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Experience in retail or customer service will be useful.
- Preferable to have at least one (1) year work experience. Fresh graduates will be considered.
- Good written and spoken English for dealing with the public. Proficiency in other mother tongue languages and dialects will be an advantage.
- A people person with an interest in customer care. Diplomatic while handling queries, detailed oriented when dealing with sales.
- A team player who has initiative and can work independently.
- Adept and a fast learner with IT and various technological equipment.
- Preferably able to start work in April 2019.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 March 2019 with the subject header “Theatre Assistant Application 2019”.
Please note that this position is open only to Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.