If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. The Asian Film Archive (AFA) collects information from our users to better understand them and their needs.
Please read carefully our policy on data collection and use of the data collected.
We collect information when
- you use any AFA service and provide your personal particulars.
- you take part in any survey or promotion conducted by the AFA.
What is the information used for?
- To verify and process payment when you purchase from our site or any ancillary sites.
- To conduct statistical analysis of the users who attend AFA’s programmes or utilise our services.
- To send you information about our programmes.
Whenever we send you any information, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and a link to do so. If you do not wish to receive further information of a similar nature, you may unsubscribe via this link (this link will redirect you to a third party website) or by sending us email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. As a general rule, we do not disclose specific information about our users to any third parties unless so required by law. The AFA will take necessary steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorised access.
The AFA uses “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our website. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our site and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.