Job Position: Media and Technical Executive
The Media and Technical Executive will be working in a vibrant and innovative environment that brings together Asian films and people. If you are looking for a meaningful job, are determined and dedicated, you could be the person we are looking for.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development, administration and security of applications and tools of IT assets like websites, database, servers
- Work closely with AFA’s Collections team and coordinate with appointed system integrators to ensure data security procedures are in place, testing on data systems
- Recommend tools to manage metadata and research, data analysis and administration
- Knowledge in web-based content management systems like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle database, Windows and Linux server administration, social media analytics wraggling tools are all advantages
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, engineering, multimedia engineering or any other relevant field.
Background in multimedia, film, or related industries would be an advantage.
- Minimum two (2) years working experience in digital technology environment or other relevant
industry. Fresh graduates with relevant experience are welcome to apply.
- Good proficiency in English for writing of proposals and business cases.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task between various projects.
- Able to self-manage and work independently, but also work well in a team.
- Troubleshoot, resolve issues, and communicate technical knowledge clearly.
- Liaising with vendors on various media, IT and technology related matters.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bridge the gap between the analogue and digital film world.
- Rare chance to work with legacy film materials and magnetic media.
- Attend international conferences and training sessions to keep abreast with the latest development in film preservation, restoration, and film related technologies.
- Be part of a dynamic team passionate about the preservation and access of Asian films.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Media and Technical Executive 2019”.
Please note that this position is open only to Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.