The Asian Film Archive (AFA) is looking for an Assistant Producer on a 6-months contract. The person must be motivated, people-oriented, independent and able to deliver quality performance. If you are looking for a meaningful job in a vibrant working environment that brings Asian films, visual arts and people together, send us your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Producer assists in the planning of events, execution of event production and outreach. He/she will work closely with the Outreach Officer to ensure that the production-related elements of the event(s) are handled in a timely and professional manner. He/She must multi-task, manage schedules, meet people and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum diploma qualification in any discipline
- Preferable to have at least 1 year working experience in arts management and event production
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore and/or Asian film and cultural scene
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy
- High energy, self-managing, and self-starter personality, with the ability to also work in a team
- Flexible approach towards work schedule; weekends and evening work required during events
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Support the Outreach and Engagement team in research, development, and completion of project
- Communicating and liaising (written and oral) with members of public, vendors, clients and partners
- Manage different aspects of event planning and logistics including drafting agendas, schedules, task lists, event programs, obtaining licenses, packing, organise distribution and collection of event materials, drop-offs and pick-ups of supplies
- Assist in database entry
- Support different departments in assorted administrative matters