Why Save Our Film?
Hear from Asia’s and Southeast Asia’s most esteemed filmmakers on why we need to save our film!
Get to know the unsung heroes behind our film saving efforts through our blog series, as part of our Save Our Film initiative.
- FIAF Congress 2016 and Film Restoration Summer School by Joshua Ng (Former IT & Technical Executive)
- Film restoration training at Bologna by Joshua Ng (Former IT & Technical Executive)
- AEC Film Preservation Workshop 20–24 September 2016 by Janice Chen (Former Archive Officer)
- “The archive is only a repository” – said no archivist ever. by Chew Tee Pao (Archivist)
- Grain, Pixels and Beyond by Matthew Yang (Archive Officer)
What is Save Our Film?
Save Our Film is a film preservation advocacy campaign created by the Asian Film Archive (AFA) in 2010 and relaunched in 2016. The initiative hopes to address the challenges of preserving digital materials in addition to that of analogue formats like films and tapes. Saving our film allows future generations to continue enjoying Asia’s cinematic gems and heritage.
For more information on what the Archive collects, please refer to the FAQ here.
What can I do?
If you are a filmmaker or a collector and would like your film to be preserved, go to AFA’s film submissions application (submissions.asianfilmarchive.org) to submit your film.
Spread the message with the hashtag #saveourfilm on social media.
Come back to this page in the coming days for more updates on #saveourfilm.